Search This Blog

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Should This Be My English Speech?

Good (morning/afternoon) Ms. Albon and class. Today I am going to speak to you about my personal responses to the play “Othello” and the ways in which activities and tasks carried out in class helped in shaping this response.

I will begin by speaking to you about my personal response and reactions to the play, as a responder. I will then explain how tasks and activities carried out shaped this response. This includes tasks such as my personal journal entries and the group oral presentation. As well as this I will talk about the effects of class discussions on the play, as well as information taken directly from the actual text itself.

Now, to my first point: my personal response to “Othello”. “Well, thank God that’s over. That was bloody boring.” The work we id shaped this response by making me more bored. It actually made the play seem more droll than I had originally thought possible. It was a definite struggle to stay awake during some of the particularly boring passages, which include: the entire play. I am honestly surprised that the majority of the class members did not simply expire from pure, unadulterated boredom during the course of our reading. Thankyou.


I'm tempted. I really am. How I hate oral presentations.

4 comments:

  1. OMG same. Ive spent like 2 hours on this speech. I have a minute. WTF!
    Im about ready to throw it in the pool and say 'Screw you english department'.
    Thats wierd. Ive never felt like that before. Friggen Othello.
    And I love that speech. If you use it I would laugh! And cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't read mine out loud until the day. It's how I do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fair enough. And I actually wrote a real speech. It was still about how boring it was though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote my speech in 80 minutes, non-stop on a Sunday night/Monday morning. I didn't rehearse it at all. But I think it turned out ok. ps. AWESOME SPEECH

    ReplyDelete